Friday, June 19, 2009

Meet my family

So for all of my sweet and wonderful friends who have shown back up into my life, let me introduce you to my family.
Ryan and I met after the mission and married May 24, 2003. Right after we married, he joined the Air Force which has moved us to McGuire AFB in New Jersey.


As most of you know, Ryan and I met in Oregon. While I was in the mission, my family moved there. I went home to the Oregon Coast, 3 weeks later Ryan came home. He served in the Lima East Peru mission. It was so weird hearing him speak Spanish, it sounded like he wanted to speak Italian, but missing in so many ways. It didn't matter, I was an instant fan.

We have been so blest to have wonderful friends and family in our lives. Being in the military, Ryan has deployed twice and will be leaving again this August for another 6 months. Luckily, he is going somewhere safe. We love being able to rely on loved ones for the support and reality checks!


After 4 1/2 years of marriage and lots of testing, we found out that we were pregnant. Father's Day 2007 was the best father's day for the both of us. To say the least, I am not a glowing pregnant woman. I'm a hippopotamus that retains way to much water, combined with a duck who can't walk straight, and that is the way that I looked. And no, I am not over exaggerating

We found out in November that Ryan would be deploying in January of the following year for 6 months. We tried to see if he could stay home long enough for the birth of our son. They told us no and 2 weeks later, Ethan Ryan Clark was born. 8lbs 5 oz. 21 inches long. He was a beautiful healthy baby boy. We stayed in the hospital for a week, we both were a little sick, and the doctor didn't want us to leave until he was sure we would be okay. This picture is the first with Ryan and Ethan together. Ryan got home in July and August 2008, we went back to where we met, Rockaway Beach Oregon, his home town and had a family reunion with his family.

Ethan is such a fun and loving baby boy. He is all boy! We have had so much fun with him and watching him grow and learn. He loves music, playing the piano, baseball, football, playing outside on the slides and swings. He is in love with Mickey Mouse! I have to say I'm kind of excited about that one. The other day he discovered birds. I had to take some video of that one. I'll try to post it. But for now, here is our miracle.

Enjoy our little ray of sunshine and remember its the simple things in life that brings us joy!
We do! All our love.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! I am so glad you started to blog. I love to be able to see pics. and get updated info. on you guys. We move in less than a month. Love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete